FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – July 9, 2020
M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation Updates on
Programs and Activities for July and August 2020
Riverdale, MD – The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), Department of Parks and Recreation in Prince George’s County announces cancellations of classes, trips/excursions, and events through July and August. Virtual programming, online resources, and Summer Clubhouses will continue. Recently reopened outdoor amenities will remain open, as we continue to work toward returning programming and facility access to the community.
All events and classes that were previously scheduled for July and August are cancelled, to include facility reservations/rentals, trips, ticketed events, classes, and activities. All registered participants will receive full refunds to their PARKS DIRECT accounts for cancelled programming. The Department continues to offer creative virtual programming that includes exciting and engaging activities for residents and youth, through the Virtual Summer Clubhouses and the Online Resource Center.
- Playgrounds, parks, and trails are open. (All portable toilets and comfort stations at Cosca Park, Watkins Park, and Lake Artemesia are open.)
- Golf courses and the Prince George’s Trap & Skeet Center are open, reservations preferred.
- Outdoor tennis courts and tennis bubbles are open, by Reservation Only.
For Tennis Reservations.
- Outdoor pools are open (with reduced capacity and at reduced rates.)
- Reservations are required, visit PGParksDirect.com/PoolReservations.
- Bladensburg Waterfront Park and Patuxent River Park with limited access to the boat ramp, canoe, and kayak launch dock. (Restrooms are open at these locations.)
- Select permitted fields are open, for details contact, Athletic.Permits@pgparks.com.
The Department continues to urge patrons to do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Patrons should use caution, wear facial coverings, and maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and others.
- All other facilities, not named above, remain closed to the public, until further notice.
- Cookouts and gatherings of 10 or more people are not permitted/prohibited in the parks.
The M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation
delivers an award-winning park system through progressive, innovative leadership and a commitment to the community and the environment in Prince George’s County. For more on the Department of Parks and Recreation, visit www.pgparks.com
and stay connected on Facebook
, Twitter, PhotoShelter
, and Instagram
. The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities in all programs and services. Register at least a minimum of two weeks in advance of the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.