Outdoor Tennis Courts
Update as of January 25
Effective Monday, February 1, face coverings are required at all times including while actively engaged in play on the tennis courts. Face coverings must remain in place and cover both the nose and mouth to be considered effective.
Outdoor Tennis Court Permits/Reservations
Locations with three or more courts can be reserved for use by emailing Athletic.Permits@pgparks.com.
You must have a PARKS DIRECT account in order to reserve tennis courts. If you have never reserved a court before, it would benefit you to sign up for a PARKS DIRECT account now. This will make the process faster for tennis court reservations.
If courts are permitted, one court will always be non-permitted for walk-up use by the public.
Courts Available for Reservation
These locations have three or more courts can be reserved for use.
- Fox Hill Park, Bowie (4 courts)
- Kings Grant Community Park, Upper Marlboro (4 courts)
- Tucker Road Athletic Complex, Ft. Washington (4 courts)
- Watkins Regional Park Outdoor Courts, Upper Marlboro (4 courts)
Permits will be issued upon availability for:
- M-NCPPC classes/events
- NJTL/QuickStart programs
- Prince George’s/Montgomery County Board of Education curriculum and sports programs
- Private schools and other organized tennis entities
- Recreation Councils
- Sanctioned USTA match play
To request maintenance attention to a tennis court, or other park facilities please or contact the Customer Service Help Desk at 301-699-CALL (2255) during regular business hours.
Outdoor Tennis Court Rules
- Tennis courts available on a first-come, first-served basis, and available at many community centers and neighborhood parks. M-NCPPC programs have priority over all use.
- All players must wear rubber–soled tennis shoes. Rubber cleats and raised heel shoes are prohibited.
- No food, alcoholic beverages or glass in court area.
- No pets, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, roller skates or street hockey are allowed on tennis courts or any other non-tennis activity.
- Non M-NCPPC tennis classes or private/group lessons without permit and/or involving the collection of fees are prohibited.
- Non-permitted play is limited to 1 hour for singles and 2 hours for doubles play when others are waiting.
- Organized group activity is prohibited without a permit and violators will be subject to removal or fine by Park Police. This includes activity that is more than doubles play.
- Permit holders are entitled to use tennis courts on dates and times specified in the permit.
- Play begins on the hour and ends on the hour.
- Solicitation of any business, trade or occupation is strictly prohibited unless authorized by a permit. This including, but not limited to: conducting class instruction for a fee and the taking of photographs and/or videos for commercial use, selling tennis services or products.