Update as of July 10, 2020
M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation announces updates on Programs & Activities for July & August 2020.
Update as of June 29, 2020
M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation announces additional amenities available for customers.
Update as of June 10, 2020
M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation announces registration for Virtual Summer Clubhouses.
M-NCPPC Department of Planning and Department of Parks and Recreation NewsAny changes will be communicated via our websites at pgparks.com and pgplanning.org, social media and our PG Parks Alert system.
Important Information Regarding Athletic Fields Usage
Pursuant to the County Executive’s most recent Executive Order, to protect the health and wellbeing of the residents of Prince George’s County, the use of M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation fields/courts for high-contact sports competition and game play (e.g. football, soccer, basketball, etc.) is prohibited.
Usage of select Department of Parks and Recreation athletic fields is allowed by permit only, for the purposes of practice and skills training instruction only. This usage must follow outlined COVID-19 athletic field usage guidelines which notes there is no more than 1 coach and 9 children per group within the designated athletic field play area. Those individuals must have a permit, adhere to wearing face coverings, social distancing, and other safety measures. Contact Athletic.Permits@pgparks.com for details.
Maryland-National Capital Park Police will inspect fields in our park facilities as part of their routine patrols to ensure that no illegal sports are taking place. Anyone participating in high-contact sports in violation of the Executive Order can be charged with a misdemeanor crime and subject to a $1,000 fine or up to one year in jail. In addition, use of M-NCPPC fields without a permit is considered trespassing and could result in additional penalties. Residents can report violations of this ordinance/policy to the County at 301-883-6548, or to the Park Police directly at 301-459-3232.
We are gradually reopening
- Playgrounds, parks, and trails are open. (All portable toilets and comfort stations at Cosca Park, Watkins Park, and Lake Artemesia are open.)
- Golf courses and the Prince George’s Trap & Skeet Center are open, reservations preferred.
- Outdoor tennis courts and tennis bubbles are open, by reservation only.
- Outdoor pools are open (with reduced capacity and at reduced rates.) Reservations are required, visit PGParksDirect.com/PoolReservations.
- Bladensburg Waterfront Park and Patuxent River Park with limited access to the boat ramp, canoe, and kayak launch dock. (Restrooms are open at these locations.)
- Select permitted fields are open, for details contact, Athletic.Permits@pgparks.com.
Events Cancellation and Postponement
Out of an abundance of caution, the Department is postponing or cancelling the following events:
- Month of August: Park activity building and picnic shelter reservations (Cancelled)
- September 20: Hispanic Festival (Cancelled)